|8020 81st Streetemail@example.com|
|Victoria, Minnesota 55386||
|Builder / Remodeler|
THE EXCEL ADVANTAGE – a full-service Minneapolis home remodeling company
We understand that designing and remodeling your Minneapolis home can be an intimidating, but exciting, process. Our goal at Excel builders is to simplify this process to make your remodeling experience enjoyable. Our function is to provide you inspiration, and the support needed to make your remodeling dreams come true. We are your choice for full-service Minneapolis home remodeling,
THE EXCEL APPROACH
There is a process for any remodeling project that needs to take place. This process begins with the initial consultation meeting and discussing your project. After this initial meeting, we provide you with a basic overview of costs for your project.
More importantly, this process starts our working relationship together. Establishing trust and a comfort level is needed when working together for a successful remodel.
We desire to work with clients that want to work with us.
- What do we mean by this?
- Our clients first choose us based on knowledge and trust to complete the project without problems.
- Our clients also choose to work with us because of the value we offer; the value of a quality remodel for a fair price.
Comparing proposals “apples to apples” is nearly impossible. There are thousands of variables that go into the costs for a remodel and these variables will be different from company to company.
Our clients trust Excel Builders to start the design of their project, establish a budget for the project, and then complete their project.
All projects have a budget, big or small. The budget is defined by what you want to invest in the project. The scope of the work is defined to meet the budget.
- The scope of work is best defined as the amount of work that will go into the project and the size of the project.
Our approach to construction involves listening, trust, and respect. When completing a remodel for our clients, we become a team. This teamwork only succeeds with listening and observation, this provides us with the tools needed to complete your Minneapolis home remodeling project successfully.
Our process is not a unique process, but it is definitely an efficient process. For all of our Minneapolis remodels, small or large, we have the same process. We establish a budget, a design, and a schedule to complete your remodel.
Design/Build/Remodel Process: Overview
What is design/build?
- The design/build process includes working with you on your project from the preliminary design and estimating phase all the way through final construction.
- If you already have a professional design, we will work with that design to produce a proposal with all the necessary details to give you a firm price on your project.
What is the process?
- After the initial consultation we will then submit a basic with a range for the cost. This range is best defined as, your proposal will cost between XXX and XXX.
- Why the range for the initial budget?
- This is simple, when designing a remodel there are going to be numerous options at all different price points, until the specific products are selected in the actual scope will work is defined we cannot come up with a set budget.
- Let’s use a kitchen remodel for example. If we were designing and planning for a kitchen remodel the variables for this remodel would be cabinets, countertops, flooring, and appliances, just to name a few. The costs for each of these could range from a few thousand dollars to many thousands of dollars depending on the final selection.
- Also, when planning a kitchen remodel for your minneapolis home the scope of work varies. Such as removing and replacing entire floor, maybe patching the floor, or using the existing floor. Granite, Cambria, or Laminate countertops. Tiled backsplash or a backsplash that matches the countertop.
- These examples are just that, examples with the purpose to help you understand why there might be a price difference in proposals, why it is almost impossible to compare proposals apple to apples, and why at Excel builders we provide a range price for the remodel until the design phase is complete.
- If the price and the scope of work for the proposal presented to you meet your needs, we will begin the design process with your approval.
- The design process for a remodel will equal approximately 5% to 10% of the budgeted price.
- The best way to keep design and planning costs down is to invest your time to determine how you want the remodel to look upon completion.
- Limiting changes to the budget or scope of the project, and making precise decisions, will also help keep the design and planning costs manageable.
Why is there a fee for the design process?
- The fee for the design process is a down payment for the time and costs associated with designing a project.
Let excel builders help you with your remodeling needs for your Minneapolis home! Call us today